Here is a small condom school for those who want to get better at using a condom.
- Break the condom pack in the middle. There is a small gash that is easy to feel.
- Roll up the condom a bit so you notice which way it should be rolled.
- Make sure you have a erection and that any foreskin is withdrawn.
- Press the air out of the top of the condom. When you have rolled the condom a little, pull the foreskin up again and then roll down the condom all the way to the root.
- Supplement with lubricant. Now it’s just time to get started!
- Afterwards – pull out the cock before the erection has subsided. Hold the condom when you pull it out so it does not remain.
Using too little lubricant or using the wrong kind increases the risk of the condom cracking.
What works with condoms:
- Water-based lubricant
- Silicone-based lubricant
- A mixture of silicone and aqueous lubricant
- Saliva may be better than nothing, but it dries quickly.
- Fat-based products (type; cooking oil, sun / skin cream or petroleum jelly). Fat weakens the condom.
Common causes of condom failure:
- To roll out the condom before putting it on the dick.
- Use of grease/oil based lubricants.
- Too little lubricant.
- The condom does not fit well, either too tight or too wide.
- Sharp nails can damage the condom.
Order here if you are a msm or trans person and live in Skåne. RFSL’s local departments, CheckPoint Skåne, Youth Guidance Centre, Center for Sexual Health and Student Health have free condoms.
Condoms are available almost everywhere. In erotic shops there is often a larger assortment. Many webshops offer condom sales.